Advantages of Zhejiang Medical University
1. The University LISTED in the top ten university in China.
2. Listed in WHO listing with Language of Instruction in English (Note: ony few medical universities are listed in WHO listing for English medium.
3. There are sufficient faculties to teach different specialization.
4. Seperate Classrooms for International Students.
5. Seperate Hostels for Girls and Boys.
6. The First Affiliated Hospital of College of Medicine, Zhejiang University (First Hospital of Zhejiang Province) is a well-known hospital in China and one of the instruction centers of health care, medical education and scientific research in Zhejiang Province. It was founded on November 1, 1947. Now there are about 1650 staffs in the hospital, including 250-some senior doctors and nurses. There are 1,200 ratified beds, the inpatients numbering at 15,000 yearly compared with an annual 1,000,000 outpatients. Many important laboratories and medical centers are located here, including the key laboratory of Viral Infectious Diseases under the Ministry of Public Health, Clinical Pharmacology Base under the Ministry of Public Health, Provincial Key Labs of Organ Transplantation, Provincial Organ Transplantation Center, Nuclear Medicine Center, Clinical Surveillance Center of Drug-Resistant Bacteria, Surveillance Center of Drug Adverse Reaction, First-aid Center of Toxinosis and Nursing Center at provincial level. All departments of the hospital have formed their own characteristics, especially departments of infectious diseases, hematology, ophthalmology, cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, urology, gastroenterology, etc. Rapid progress has been made in organ transplantation. Kidney, liver, heterogenous bone marrow, corneal and combined liver – kidney, pancreas – duodenum – kidney and heart – lung transplantation have been successfully performed in the hospital. Now the hospital has become one of the famous organ transplantation centers in China. Great achievements in scientific researches have been made during the past five years. Both"Combined pancreas – duodenum – kidney transplantation" and "Artificial liver supporting system" have won the Second Prize in a National Award and the first in Science and Technology Advancement provincially. Great achievements were also made in other fields.
7. We also offer five doctoral programs, and 19 master's programs. Apart from these, there are five circulating post-doctoral workshops. Moreover, we have one key thematic subject at provincial level, four primarily supporting academic subjects receiving funds from the provincial government, two key thematic subjects at university level, and four academic subjects are accepted as the provincially important. In addition, it encompasses four institutes, namely, Institute of Surgery, Institute of Infectious Disease, Institute of Hematology, and Institute of Cardiology.
8. Insisting on the tenet of "patient first, quality first, service first", First Affiliated Hospital has successfully striven to be one of the "Top 100" in China.
Language of Instruction:
English is the language of Instruction for the international students in Zhejiang University School of Medicine. Since Zhejiang University School of Medicine is also a leading university it attracts Chinese faculties who have studied overseas in English and also the one who have worked abroad for a few years. For Exchange program the faculties are sent abroad for training and to develop learning methodology and techniques, so we ensure that the program we offer is of higher quality and standing.
English Language training for Non-English Speakers:
For Non- English Speaking student who want to study in English, we have a 6 month Intensive English training programs. After which you can join the March or the September batch.
Teaching In Chinese:
For those non- native speakers who want to learn the program in Chinese, we have Chinese language training program for entry to study medicine.
You will learn Chinese language for one year if you are beginner but if you are in a intermediate level you have to learn the program for 6 months.
After which you will have to take a Chinese Proficiency exam equivalent to HSK testing.
And then you can join the medical program along with Chinese students
Why ZJU ?
Zhejiang is one of the oldest medical schools of China, located in the Business center and Capital Hangzhou city of Zhejiang Province; it is one of the best universities to Study medicine. The university cooperates in students exchange program and faculty exchange program with universities from USA, UK and other countries so our faculty had a very good exposure to English program , English speaking students and International students.
The whole program is taught in English .
* Most of the faculty are educated from USA,UK or have received training from USA, UK,Canada or Europe for Medicaleducation.In fact some of then have been working in hospitals in USA.
* Training for USMLE programs are provided through online testing formats.
* Separate hostel for Boys and Girls, with well protected hostels for Girls.
* Negotiations are on to provide clinical rotations in USA .
* Visiting faculties from USA and Europe.
* Massive infrastructure with all resources and modern equipments.
* Attached with 4000 bedded hospitals.
* Far better than those costly Caribbean schools [Medical school shops rather]
* Located in one of the most beautiful cities in the world that has been attracting tourists for the last 2000 years from all over the world.
* Recognized by World Health Organization and the WHO directory mentions the language of instruction to be in English, Chinese and Japanese. [No other medical universities other than China Medical University has this].